School lunches & Milk
About us ... Catering Services
We are your school meal provider for first, primary, middle and high schools in North Tyneside
- Our teams are professional and friendly
- Our menus comply to School Food Standards
- We offer high quality, tasty and nutritious food with a focus on home cooking and baking
- We use fresh, sustainable and where possible seasonal locally sourced ingredients
- We have been accredited Bronze Food for Life status
Paying for school meals
School meals should be paid for before they are taken and at least one week in advance
- Paying online means that you can do this at a time that's convenient for you
- To register please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, school and your name and address
Free school meals
Reception, year 1 and 2 pupils are eligible for universal infant free school meals
- Pupils in year 3,4,5 and 6 may be entitled to free school meals and need to apply
- School trips – we can provide packed lunches
- Applications can be taken over the telephone by calling Tel: 0191 643 2288
We cater for children who require medically prescribed diets. If your need to discuss your child’s allergies please contact Catering Services.
Tel: 0191 643 8355
For more information go to:
During the year we invite parents in to have a dinner with their child.
This is an excellent opportunity to experience how appetising the meals are and what good value for money they are compared to packed lunches.
Some children prefer to bring their own packed lunch and these should be brought in a clearly named lunchbox. We have fridges to keep their lunch nice and cool. We ask parents pack a healthy balanced nutritious lunch for children.
To register your child for School Milk please log on to Cool Milk - Children up to the age of 5 receive free school milk but you must still register.
Free fruit and vegetables
All Key Stage 1 children are given a free piece of fruit or vegetable at school each day